Happy new year!! I hope you all had wonderful celebrations. John and I stayed in and enjoyed a quiet evening together. It was lovely! Remember the memory tin I made a while back? Well, we opened it up and read through our year together. There were so many moments to be thankful for, and so many we had forgotten about!
Now that it's the new year, it's also time to make some new resolutions. Last year's resolutions were somewhat of a success. I became lead certified for climbing, and definitely kept up with my blog! I didn't relearn French, though... oh well! This year, I resolve to:
1) Make my bed! This is a habit I used to have and I want it back. I even think I sleep better when my bed has been made. There's something about getting into a bed with nice smooth sheets, don't you think?
2) Send cards in the mail. I love stationary, and I love getting mail. So why not send some to others?
3) Read more nonfiction. I think my past book club picks have only included one nonfiction piece, so this is a resolution I'm definitely looking forward to. I think that biographies and autobiographies will be at the top of my list, but there are some interesting books on the human brain that I think would be great, too. Stay tuned for my nonfiction book club picks...
4) Wear more scarves. I love them, I will wear them. Plus I got some cute new ones for Christmas!
5) I also think I'm going to try and learn the ukulele this year, inspired by another lovely Christmas gift :)
What are your resolutions this year? Is there anything you're looking forward to most?