Alena, blogger of all things splendid at Oh, It's Just Perfect!
, passed along the "One Lovely Blog Award." And so, here are seven things about me...
1. I'm getting married this week! Not really an unknown fact for most of you, but I am beyond excited. My fiance, John, and I met in law school and he proposed just a few weeks before I left for Ireland, the trip that started this whole blog.
2. I have JUST discovered Crate and Barrel. I don't know how it could have possibly happened, but until this past Wednesday I had never been inside the store. It might just be my new favorite place!
3. I love the color yellow... but I can't wear it. Something about being blonde and super pale, it has never ever looked right on me :( So instead, I like to get yellow flowers to have in the house. So pretty and happy looking! Maybe someday I'll find the perfect shade of yellow for me to wear.
4. I prefer watching a movie I've seen a dozen times to watching a new one, and I will watch the same movie over and over (and over) again. A few that top my list currently: Julie and Julia, When Harry Met Sally, Elf, and White Christmas; and I definitely don't need it to be Christmas time to watch the Christmas movies!
5. One of the reasons I love gardening and art so much is my great-grandmother (who we called Grandma Mom). I didn't know her very long, but she loved plants and made tons of her own dishes and ceramics. I have some of her ceramics and even some descendents of her plants.
|Grandma Mom in her greenhouse, December 1968. |
The inscription on the back reads "Chiquita and I have a great interest in orchids"
6. I make lists almost compulsively. To-do lists, timelines, grocery lists, wish lists. . . I think it's less for organization and more for my own sanity. I get it out of my head and down onto paper.
7. My favorite time of day is twilight, when the sky is nearly as vividly blue as the daytime but the world is half as bright. It's just so beautiful!
So there are my seven things. I would like to pass this award on to my own blogging friends; I can't wait to see what you write!