- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or your spice(s) of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes. (You didn't miss anything here. You don't oil or season them until after they are done. In fact, for an extra healthy treat, try them when they get out of the oven before even adding the oil. They are enjoyable all on their own.)
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy hot, or bring to room temperature and store in an air-tight container.
Now, John decided he wanted to try some with curry powder. So, I halved the recipe and did one half with cinnamon and one half with curry powder. They were both so tasty, I think I might combine the two spices into one recipe next time... Here are some pictures:
|Roasted Chickpeas with curry powder|
|Roasted chickpeas with cinnamon|
A few minor tweaks for the next time around: roast a little bit longer and stir partway through, use a tiny bit less olive oil, and (like I mentioned) try combining the cinnamon and the curry powder.
Big thanks to the Cupcake Project for the inspiration!