I'm still working away at some final few gifts, and I've got another ornament for you to try. I don't know why, but this little guy makes me think of a Muppet Santa... Is it just me?
You will need:
- 2 paintbrushes: one flat and one pointed
- White porcelain ornament
- Martha Stewart multi-surface paint in:
- Some skin tone color (I used a mix of Gold Mother of Pearl and Brushed Bronze)
- Holly Berry (pearl finish)
- Putting Green (pearl finish)
- Sterling (metallic finish)
- Beetle Black (satin finish)
- Martha Stewart glass paint in Garnet glitter finish
First, paint on a red semicircle near the top of the ornament. This will be Santa's hat.
Next, leaving a small gap below the hat, paint on Santa's face in a football shape.
Then, take your pointed brush and outline a silver beard starting at the face and making a curved base below. To make Santa's mustache, just paint a wide "W" If you'd like, add in a few straight lines at the bottom of the beard to add a little texture.
Next, take your silver and trace the space between Santa's face and his hat; this will be the fur trim on his hat!
If you need to, add a second coat of any of your colors until the white doesn't show through.
Finally, add the finishing details: two little black dots for his eyes, a red semi circle for his nose, and dots of red glitter and green to make a sprig of holly on his hat.
If you want, add a little silver circle to be a pom at the end of his hat.
I think he's pretty cute!
So, are you done with your Christmas shopping?