I'm not sure if this technically qualifies as a dutch baby (a German pancake), but that's what we'll go ahead and call it :) This is a hodge-podge of a couple of different recipes. It's a sweet treat that is chock full of berries and super delicious.
You will need:
- A cast iron skillet or baking dish
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus extra for the top
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Blackberries (as many as you please! I used a little under 2 cups)
|Mine was a little lumpy, but that's fine|
Pour the batter over the blackberries.
Then, top the dish with blackberries and sprinkle the top with extra sugar (if you want to, I skipped the extra sugar).
Bake for 15 minutes at 425. Turn down the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. When your dish is ready, it will be golden brown on top and a knife will come out clean. As usual, my oven took much longer (over double the time!) because it runs cool. Let me know if the length of time works for you!